Michele is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over 19 years of experience. She received a Master’s Degree in Community Psychology with a concentration in Community Clinical Services, from the University of New Haven. She also received post graduate training in the field of Community Counseling at Southern Connecticut State University. Michele is licensed in the State of Connecticut.
Michele specializes in working with children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced trauma, depression, anxiety, relationship, and attachment issues. She uses a very eclectic approach to therapy, drawing from all her different specialties and experiences, so that she can provide you and/or your child with a unique approach to fit your own unique needs. Michele believes that you are partners in your treatment, and together, you will navigate your personal journey to wellness.
Some of her specialized certifications are:
- Nationally Certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Path International Certified as an Equine Specialist in Mental Health & Learning (ESMHL)
- Certified in Positive Parenting Program, Standard & Teen (Triple P)
- Certified in Circle of Security (COS)
Some of her specialized trainings are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS)
- Bounce Back
- Natural Lifemanship Fundamentals
- Marschak Interaction Method (MIM)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Michele is currently accepting new therapy clients as of September 1, 2023.
CT license #: 001609
NPI #: 1255525184
Tax ID: 82-4801632